22 Sept 2014

Twilight Teens - Pantheria


Really bad photos this time. My camera has completely died on  me, the ribbon cable has snapped in two so it's kaput. And I can't afford to replace it.

So you'll just have to tolerate terrible cellphone photos. I'm sorry!


So i've been umming and ahhing over getting the last twilight teen. Finally TK Maxx dropped her price to £4 so I decided to give in and get her.
Honestly Nemonia is my favourite of the "new friends" but all of them have wretched outfits.

Pantheria (wow that's an awkward name) has a random silver leopard print leotard and fishnets... because the hooker look is totally in you see.

Actually, I think that leotard is a bit too classless even for a hooker.

But anyway, she also has random pink accessories that match nothing else.
And no cat ears, but a cat tail!

Ok let's look at this thing.


She has black hair with sorta coppery highlights. It's quite pretty. The hair looks a bit frazzled here but out of the box it's soft nylon. It may not be the best nylon, but i've not had a problem with the Twilight Teen hair fibre. It'll probably frizz awful if you brush it enough, but I don't brush my doll's hair very often. For general play, it's fine and doesn't feel gross.

She has a nice black necklace with a sorta, tribal pendant? It's a versatile piece and one i'll likely pilfer for another doll.

Her bodysuit though really doesn't fit her very well. It's oddly baggy in parts and just frumpy and ugly.


Then she has these random pink bracelets that are like, three chunky bracelets moulded together. They're cool bracelets, but they don't go with anything else here. I don't quite understand the design choice here.
Another piece for another doll.

You can see she has a teeny handbag too, it's like.. fang? horn? shaped and pink. It has fangs on it. It's too small for the doll though, it looks ridiculous against her.

She has stripes painted on both legs. 


She has a moulded plastic tail with what I at first thought was a pointed tip. But closer look shows it's actually a tuft like a lion's tail. Yes, the panther girl has a lion tail... just roll with it.



Like the other girls, she has ankle articulation and knees etc. Her shoes are the same as Nemonia's, just in black. The fishnet legwarmers are kinda cute though. 


I think her face looks strangely unbalanced without cat ears, I think I should find a cat headband for her.
She does actually have moulded ears on the side of her head, just like the other dolls (they all use the exact same face mould).

Her eyes are big and yellow with a green splash in the iris. Her makeup is yellow and grey. It makes her eyes really pop against her deep grey skin.
She has whiskers and a kitty mouth even, which I think is cute.


Her hair is wavey and a bit frizzy at the ends, but not too bad. It's a bit messy right out of the box but it brushed down ok.
The copper streaks are cut a little shorter than the black, and really do stand out. I like them. Her hair is quite long, but not ridiculously so. (you know I hate ludicrously long hair)


Her tail isn't actually attached to her body, instead it's held on with this decorative clip piece. It kinda looks a bit like a bodice or something and the tail slots into the hole so you can rotate it and move it. The tail itself is solid plastic so not poseable, the curve in it, you just have to work with and it's not the greatest pose honestly. It's a bit awkward I think.
But the clip is a nice solution to not having custom body sculpts.


Speaking of custom stuff, each Twilight Teen doll seems to have a unique backing card. Nemonia had an underwater scene, Voodoona had a whole voodoo thing going on and this one is trees and a full moon.
I like the moon.

I find these backing cards quite attractive in this strange otherworldly way. the blend of what looks like cheap old cgi with hand drawn backgrounds makes it look oddly dreamlike and alien. I kinda dig it.

Unfortunately all the plastic crud is so glued down I couldn't save the backing cards without ripping them to shreds. Alas. They'd have made great backdrops.


Released from her packaging you can see the problem with her tail pose. It's not easy to get it to look at all natural, it always looks wierd.
Likewise she has weak ankles that always crumple under her weight.
I actually broke one of the ankles (her whole foot came off) trying different shoes on her (MH shoes will fit, but they won't come off again... oops?)
It went back together, but I think her ankle is a bit fragile now. Oh well.

Those pink bracelet things are seriously distracting. And the ill fitting leotard is just ugly.


I like to tie the hair back on cheap dolls, because their hair tends to "poof" out a bit. With her hair tied back, you can see her pretty eyes better.

Twilight Teens can mostly fit into Bratzillaz clothing. The tops are a little tight around the bust (the teens have wider chests/shoulders) but it's not too bad.
I think blue suits her.

Overall? I think I like Pantheria more than Voodoona. Her face is relatively pretty, her eyes are lovely and I like the streaks in her hair.
I just wish she'd come with a cat ear headband, it would have really completed her look I think.

Still, her outfit may be wretched and her shoes "meh ok" but her actual doll is kinda cute. I like how posable the twilight teens are, and yes they're cheap and yes they're a bit flimsy but they have personality and I can't resist that.

I need to come up with a "final" outfit for her. Sadly the twilight teens cannot wear Monster High clothes, they're far too bulky. They're more Moxie Girl/Bratzilla sized and would probably fit into some Skipper stuff as well. unfortunately none of those lines have very interesting clothes right now, which is a shame. This cheap £1 on clearance fashion pack shall have to do till I can find somethign with more personality for my wee kitty girl.

Overall, she gets a decent 7 broken ankles out of 10

Sorry this review wasn't very snarky...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Teens

    ReplyDelete